We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired and inerrant word of God and the basis of our beliefs. This church subscribes to the statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message” as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 1963. We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
Why is it important to become a part of our church family through membership? To be an obedient Christian, you must go beyond church attendance to being a committed, serving member of a local church.
- You should join because Christ loves the church and gave Himself for her; if you love Christ, you must love His church and commit yourself to her well-being.
- You should join because the church is where you learn practically to love God and love others (the two greatest commandments).You need a place where you can grow.
- You should join because it is the means Jesus ordained to fulfill His Great Commission. Belong to something bigger than yourself.
- You need to serve God and others with the gifts He has given you. You should join a church so that you have a specific place to serve the Lord.
- A personal relationship with and a commitment to follow Jesus Christ.
- Once that question has been satisfied there are three methods of placing your membership here:
- Baptism: Joining the church “By Baptism” is designed for those who have never been immersed following their conversion. We ask all those desiring membership to be baptized, if they have not done so up to this point in their Christian Experience.
- By Letter: Joining the church “By Letter” is designed to allow members of other Baptist churches to transfer their membership from their previous church to our church.
- By Statement: Joining the church “By Statement” is designed to allow others to join Soda Springs when they are coming from another denomination of like faith and practice.